well?

This forum is for help questions related to black nova. http://www.lowgravleague.com/blacknova

Moderators: Grasshopper, AEON

well?

Postby Nexus[tso] » Fri Apr 05, 2002 5:28 pm

so....when is it back?
Nexus[tso]
LGL Trusted
LGL Trusted

Postby 3 of 2 » Sat Apr 06, 2002 12:54 pm

It's still going, I think KH is gonna shut it down this weekend. Pity too I almost have a quadrillion credits.
3 of 2
Tribble
Tribble

Postby KEVORKIAN » Sun Apr 07, 2002 5:23 pm

Well then upgrade like crazy & then we can attack KH & rule the universe!!! MUWAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!
KEVORKIAN
LGL Founding Member
LGL Founding Member

Postby Pheonix.tso » Sun Apr 07, 2002 5:44 pm

How the hell do you guys get so much money so fast.
Pheonix.tso
Clan Council Member
Clan Council Member

Postby KEVORKIAN » Sun Apr 07, 2002 8:53 pm

In my case, it's partially from banking my credits & collecting the interest & partially from destroying Cheese, Xeno, & Grass and taking all their credits. I destroyed Xeno's ship today & gained about 7 trillion because of it. Xeno still has 1 huge planet in sector 1044 I think, 100 trillion credits & about 6 billion fighters.
KEVORKIAN
LGL Founding Member
LGL Founding Member

Interest

Postby Grasshopper » Mon Apr 08, 2002 4:21 am

Put all your money on a planet and let it draw intrest. After it reaches one hundred billion, then it grows by leaps and bounds. That is why KnightHawks score is so EXCESSIVLY high. I can't even begin to imagin how many zeros are on his planets. The only problem is that you run the risk of losing it all when someone attacks. In the very begining of the game I had one hundred million fighters on my planet and three hundred trillion credits. KnightHawk took it all. :getmad: That was about the third time I had died though, so my ship was no comparision. You can put it all in the bank, but that puts a punishment on your score.
Grasshopper
LGL Member
LGL Member

Postby Mob-Xero » Tue Apr 09, 2002 11:47 pm

yeah kev attackin me while i'm on vacation ;-P

i knew you'd eventually take my other planets but you'd never get my main planet hehehe

Also scouting the universe with my turns and letting hawk do the dirty work with his was a good plan ;-D

Next round i think i'll be up where hawk is now if not higher. i can't wait for the next round to begin. I asked hawk to hold off starting it until i got back from my trip. now that i'm back and we can all see The Company (aka Hawk ;-P) will never lose i think we can restart hehe ;-D
We are to admit no more causes of natural things than such as are both true and sufficient to explain their appearances.
Mob-Xero
Cynical Bastard
Cynical Bastard

Postby KnightHawk » Wed Apr 10, 2002 3:47 pm

yeah the basic

Build your hull up, primarily. and get 1 planet in a nice secure spot. then just work on building that planet up, and building your hull up. Once you can get 100 mil or so on the planet, let that cash sit there, and go about your business of upgrading that single planet. Until it's got plenty of colonists and plenty of defenses. It's important that this first planet be very well defended. Pretty much once you get about 100 mil on it, it will start growing fairly well. Obviously if you can spare more do it. I just say 100 mil cuz that's about what I started with when 100 mil was still alot. And then I just traded kept building up my hull so I could cary more colonists in one trip. When I could finally carry a few million colonists, then I started colonizing other planets in the same way. always making sure they we're well defended. But all tehw while I leave the lions share of my money on one planet and let it build. it's a bit slow relatively starting from the millions, but once you get about 25 - 50 bil in the bank, it starts to go much faster. And just goes by faster the longer you leave it. For many turns I never even touched the money. If I had to touch the money. I follow pyro's rule of thumb. And that is, never take more than 1/3 of the cash on tha tplanet at a time for upgrades. Or rather. make sure whatever upgrade(s) you want, that you have at least 3 times that amount on the planet. That way you still upgrade, but you don't impeded your cash producing ability. BAsically just hold onto that planet, continually building it up, all teh while building more planets, and preparing to cash cow them as well. Once your in the 100's of billions on that planet, the money will really start to flow then. Then onto the trillions, still flowing profusely. After I hit a trillion I started to wonder what I was going to do with all this god damn money.

Anyway main idea is you want to stick as much cash on one planet and keep it there as long as possible. Or forever would be best. This BTW is considered to be the banker strategy. However I modified it a little more towards expansionist and colonizer. So what I'm saying is I could of did a lot better alot faster if I hadn't worried about colonizing more than 1 planet.

In the BNT3 game, spacefly as some of you I'm sure remember. Basically he did the exact same thing. When he started out, he upgraded his hull ONLY. and just enough engines to get going. And some beam weapons. Not much else. He got most of his planets that he had through conquest. But all the while had 1 or 2 super planets with tons of cash. After he had a ton of cash, and was producing plenty of credits, he destroyed his ship and outfitted strictly for battle. Like I did after I got destroyed the first time. That way first of all you spend alot less cash on your ship, or rather get to spend more in the areas you need the most. So right now, I have a full on battleship with a full working EWD. EWD's btw don't work or begin to lose they're effectiveness after level hull 8 or so.

Anyway I hope some of this made sense. But being a banker is an end game strategy. No way to win again'st an established banker really. Because even if you destroy they're ships, they can easily rebuild, and if you try and take they're cash planet, that's a slim chance. That's why in BNT3 spacefly and friends we're so eager and urgent in finding bankers. The only time a banker can really be taken out is like the first 10000 turns or so. probably more like 5000 turns, but there is a good amount of time it will take that banker to make himself relatively safe. And spacefly and them just were hell bent on giving no one that time. And once they kill off a few bankers, then they easily have they're own cash reserves to build they're own banking planet, bigger and better than any. Once they get that. everyone else is royally fucked.
KnightHawk
LGL Founding Member
LGL Founding Member

Postby KnightHawk » Wed Apr 10, 2002 3:54 pm

I hadn't played in nearly a week or more now, but I picked up this info as of today.

Credits on all planets total: 55,815,981,583,007,584
IGB Account: 14,282,337,675,405,700

Ships Stats:

Player: James T. Kirk Ship: USS Enterprise Credits: 0

Ship Component Levels
Hull Level 8
Engines Level 39
Power Level 40
Computer Level 42
Sensors Level 38
Armour Level 39
Shields Level 39
Beam Weapons Level 40
Torpedo launchers Level 39
Cloak Level 39
Holds 0 / 2,563
Ore 0
Organics 0
Goods 0
Colonists 0

Armour & Weapons
Armour points 737,155,488 / 737,155,488
Fighters 2,487,899,772 / 2,487,899,772
Torpedoes 737,155,488 / 737,155,488
Energy 1,900,047,500 / 5,528,666,160

Devices
Space Beacons 100
Warp Editors 300
Genesis Torpedoes 198
Mine Deflectors 10900191549
Emegency Warp Device 10
Escape Pod Yes
Fuel Scoop Yes
KnightHawk
LGL Founding Member
LGL Founding Member

Postby Nexus[tso] » Thu Apr 11, 2002 2:27 am

erm...hull lvl 8?
why so low?
did your last ship go boom?
Nexus[tso]
LGL Trusted
LGL Trusted

Postby nekopr1 » Thu Apr 11, 2002 5:45 am

Nexus-Rift wrote:erm...hull lvl 8?
why so low?
did your last ship go boom?

Hull lvl 8 = many good things. First off, you will always use your EWD. Secondly, you if you stay at 7, you can't hit mines... I'm not sure about 8 but, the minimum hull lvl to hit mines is like, 8. Also, he can hide in SOL should the need arise.

MANY good reasons why its only 8. =)
nekopr1
Tribble
Tribble

Postby 3 of 2 » Thu Apr 11, 2002 5:52 pm

Well actually, there is a built in Murphy's Law (apparently) that the EWD ALWAYS has a 5% failure rate. Still that's like 20 attacks and one failure.
3 of 2
Tribble
Tribble

Postby nekopr1 » Thu Apr 11, 2002 7:46 pm

3 of 2 wrote:Well actually, there is a built in Murphy's Law (apparently) that the EWD ALWAYS has a 5% failure rate. Still that's like 20 attacks and one failure.

and tell me, what good would attacking do to KH now? He's like, lvl 40 almost everything!
nekopr1
Tribble
Tribble

hull

Postby Grasshopper » Thu Apr 11, 2002 10:39 pm

that way his EDWs still work. when your hull gets to large then your EDWs do not work. i have first hand knowledge of this, aint that right knighthawk.
Grasshopper
LGL Member
LGL Member

Postby Pheonix.tso » Thu Apr 11, 2002 11:13 pm

Ya I do too, ain't that right hawk, Grass, and Xeno.
Pheonix.tso
Clan Council Member
Clan Council Member

Postby Mob-Xero » Fri Apr 12, 2002 12:20 pm

Pheonix.tso wrote:Ya I do too, ain't that right hawk, Grass, and Xeno.

huh?
We are to admit no more causes of natural things than such as are both true and sufficient to explain their appearances.
Mob-Xero
Cynical Bastard
Cynical Bastard

Postby KnightHawk » Fri Apr 12, 2002 6:10 pm

Hawk runs and hides for fear of retribution from other space goers. hehe
KnightHawk
LGL Founding Member
LGL Founding Member

Postby KEVORKIAN » Sat Apr 13, 2002 1:27 pm

:gwolf: :blade: :flamethrowingsmiley: Actually your theory about mines is incorrect, I have first hand knowlegde of that. I had a hull level of 7 last game & still hit over 124 million mines in 1 shot, when I entered 1 of Xeno's sectors. Luckily I was carrying about 30 billion mine deflectors.
:xeno:
KEVORKIAN
LGL Founding Member
LGL Founding Member

Return to Black Nova Support Forum