Development Pics

Forum for the discussion of topics concerning map making. Make your suggestions for features in maps here, or ask questions about the mapping process.

Development Pics

Postby Pheonix.tso » Fri Jul 12, 2002 1:16 pm

Ok I figure this might be good, how about all post little (and I mean little to medium lets not have huge pics on here) of the stages or prefabs (have to give me a spot to post) there working on. I'll see about getting pics of my latest prefab up eventually. Also migdog just posted a prefab pack from a contest we just had with some nice vehicle prefabs in them. If your making a star wars map you might want to check it out it has some tie fighters, and an at-at in it, as well as trucks cars, and jeeps (humvee really).
Pheonix

"Fear is the mind killer. I will face my fears; I will let it pass through me. In the end there will be only me."
-Dune
Pheonix.tso
Clan Council Member
Clan Council Member

Postby Haz » Mon Jul 22, 2002 10:13 am

Ok, here are links to screenshots from the current map I'm working on (hosting service doesn't allow me to post images here or hotlink anymore so just copy & paste into the url field)...

st-gamer.150m.com/072202a.gif

st-gamer.150m.com/072202b.gif

st-gamer.150m.com/072202c.gif

...only thing is that I don't have a good name for the map yet.

The map still has a few things that need to be done to it...lighting details for one.
Haz
League Council Member
League Council Member

Postby Haz » Wed Jul 24, 2002 7:34 pm

T'Watt wrote:...only thing is that I don't have a good name for the map yet.

...anyone....anyone...?
Haz
League Council Member
League Council Member

Postby MOB MARV » Sun Jul 28, 2002 5:39 am

nipples sounds good
MOB MARV
MOB MARV
LGL Trusted
LGL Trusted

Postby Haz » Sun Jul 28, 2002 5:03 pm

Well, I've finished that map (my second one). I already submitted my last one to effiles but hasn't been posted as last I checked. So far, no one has been available (on ICQ) for me to submit this second one to them.
Haz
League Council Member
League Council Member

Postby Pheonix.tso » Sun Jul 28, 2002 8:26 pm

Ok, getting pics up of my latest prefab project may take some time (needs custom textures, and I have yet to even make em). However, just so everyone knows if it turns out right it will be a star fury from B5. Secondly if any map maker needs some prefab let me know, give me any custom textures, and a general description of what it should look like (by e-mail, and of course I would like credit if used). Hopefully I will actually get into map making again soon.
Pheonix

"Fear is the mind killer. I will face my fears; I will let it pass through me. In the end there will be only me."
-Dune
Pheonix.tso
Clan Council Member
Clan Council Member

Postby Pheonix.tso » Thu Aug 08, 2002 8:30 pm

Ok now that mig has my prefab up heres a pic of it (well them)

Pheonix

-Dune
Pheonix.tso
Clan Council Member
Clan Council Member

Postby MegaBitch » Fri Aug 09, 2002 5:52 am

Wow, a nice red X. How did you do that? :lol:
MegaBitch
Bounty Hunter of Lame Posts
Bounty Hunter of Lame Posts

Postby Pheonix.tso » Fri Aug 09, 2002 11:18 am

Ah damn it, ok ok, if ya can't see it go over to migdog's mapping stash (the website is in these forums, above even I think).
Pheonix

-Dune
Pheonix.tso
Clan Council Member
Clan Council Member

Postby Pheonix.tso » Sat Oct 12, 2002 5:08 pm

Here are some of mine, and yes I know its bright, but I have done absolutely no lighting.

This is the central room for my map, any ideas suggestions comments. Any ideas for that big blank side wall you see in the first pic would be helpful.

Also a thankyou to BS1 for putting these up so I can post them.
Pheonix

-Dune
Pheonix.tso
Clan Council Member
Clan Council Member

Postby Haz » Sat Oct 12, 2002 10:21 pm

How about a large "portrait" of the statue that is in the room. Ya know, not exactly the same but similar. Like a painting. And then maybe some tapestries on either side.

My computer problems seem to be the result of a loose nut between the keyboard & the chair.
Haz
League Council Member
League Council Member

Postby Guest » Sun Oct 13, 2002 4:22 pm

I'd maybe put a couple smaller statues on that side wall - maybe on pedistals or an upraised area of floor. Something fraggers can climb up on a little though. Maybe even a little telepot to a side room tucked behind one of the statues.

Postby Guest » Sun Oct 13, 2002 4:25 pm

Ooppss - hee hee

A "Telepot" now that'd be a great secret!!

:D

Oh yeah I'm not signed in since I just peaked in on my way to a match.

ME

Postby Pheonix.tso » Sun Oct 13, 2002 6:24 pm

Throfy is that you, hehe. That sounds good, but right now with the two big statues and the other models I'm using its already a high poly map. In the rest of the map I have about 20 other models so if I bump things up too far then fps is going to hit rock bottom for those who don't have the best vid cards (i.e. me). As such as the great poop said "NO MORE MODELS!!!!!!" Good idea though, I am working on a banner for it, but me not good at photoshop, so we shall seee what happens, I did add a little more archetecture to it, namely I put the columns along the wall also, and then there are still torches that need to go up to provide light for the area.
Pheonix

-Dune
Pheonix.tso
Clan Council Member
Clan Council Member

Postby Haz » Sun Oct 13, 2002 8:44 pm

well if you send me the preliminary bsp, I can make a "portrait" for ya to hang and while in there, I can come up with an idea for tapestries/wall hangings and make those for ya as well.

My computer problems seem to be the result of a loose nut between the keyboard & the chair.
Haz
League Council Member
League Council Member

Postby Pheonix.tso » Mon Nov 11, 2002 10:13 pm

Heres a new set, the main room has finally been connected to the old stuff.

The connecting hall
The old stuff
The flag room
Pheonix

-Dune
Pheonix.tso
Clan Council Member
Clan Council Member

Postby Pheonix.tso » Tue Jan 28, 2003 10:48 am

K, heres a new set, these are of the blue base. Same layout as the red, but with water, but I wouldn't take a dip that water can kill ya.

Pheonix

-Dune
Pheonix.tso
Clan Council Member
Clan Council Member

Return to LGL Mappers Forum