Any New Maps?

Forum for the discussion of topics concerning map making. Make your suggestions for features in maps here, or ask questions about the mapping process.

Any New Maps?

Postby [DR] REVOS » Tue Aug 20, 2002 7:46 pm

Anything new?
"If you have something to say to me, say it! - Captain Benjamin Sisko, Star Trek: Deep Space 9
[DR] REVOS
Clan Council Member
Clan Council Member

Location: Right Behind you with the Photon Launcher Leveled at your thick, terran, skull.

Postby Darkhand » Tue Sep 03, 2002 7:22 pm

Well kinda :roll: my map shall soon be done (for better or for worse) and it may suck :D but keep in mind it is my first map attempt and should be done by the 9th or tenth. It is kinda a map of the arena in episode two of star wars with some catacombs added in and a secret room if I can get it to work. I trust phoenix will keep it a secret... :evil: since he help with my map :D Thanks again. Just finishing mittering. Ok ill stop rabling now :blade:
Darkhand
Tribble
Tribble

Postby Haz » Tue Sep 03, 2002 10:52 pm

I had another one available but I went back to edit something and the whole map wigged out after the last compile and I don't have a backup. UGH. Oh well.

I also have one in the works but don't have anywhere to post screenshots right now. I'm kinda at a mental block on the "neutral" area so I'm not sure when that one will be done.

I've been working on some new ideas but I'm not sure if I can get them to work or not. Think M.C. Escher.
Haz
League Council Member
League Council Member

Postby huff » Tue Feb 25, 2003 8:37 pm

I am just learning right now, but when ef2 comes out i will try making an official map with that new mapping engine
one frag two frag red frag blue frag

frag ya l8ter :) -Huff-
huff
Tribble
Tribble

Postby Haz » Tue Feb 25, 2003 9:03 pm

huff wrote:I am just learning right now, but when ef2 comes out i will try making an official map with that new mapping engine

Same engine. Same pretty much everything except for some weapons changes, new graphics/design, and new sounds. Other than that it is pretty much gonna be the same thing (at least from the map makers' point of view).

My computer problems seem to be the result of a loose nut between the keyboard & the chair.
Haz
League Council Member
League Council Member

Postby Pheonix.tso » Tue Feb 25, 2003 10:40 pm

Except who knows if GTK will port to it right away. Hopefully they will.
Pheonix

"Fear is the mind killer. I will face my fears; I will let it pass through me. In the end there will be only me."
-Dune
Pheonix.tso
Clan Council Member
Clan Council Member

Postby Undertaker » Thu Feb 27, 2003 12:45 am

im working with two other peeps on faceoff 3.these guys are very good map makers so the map should b good :wink:
Undertaker
Tribble
Tribble

Postby Anonymous » Thu Feb 27, 2003 12:45 am

How many hours do you work? Which ones?
Anonymous

Postby Pheonix.tso » Thu Feb 27, 2003 12:59 am

hehe, thats always good Under, just make sure ya don't have them slacking off.
Pheonix

"Fear is the mind killer. I will face my fears; I will let it pass through me. In the end there will be only me."
-Dune
Pheonix.tso
Clan Council Member
Clan Council Member

Postby Haz » Thu Feb 27, 2003 1:17 am

Pheonix.tso wrote:hehe, thats always good Under, just make sure ya don't have them slacking off.

Um, speaking of which...what's up with the one you were working on?

My computer problems seem to be the result of a loose nut between the keyboard & the chair.
Haz
League Council Member
League Council Member

Postby Anonymous » Thu Feb 27, 2003 1:17 am

Is good Under just make sure ya don't have them slacking off always tso]he that?
Anonymous

Postby Pheonix.tso » Thu Feb 27, 2003 1:55 am

Haz-Mat wrote:
Pheonix.tso wrote:hehe, thats always good Under, just make sure ya don't have them slacking off.

Um, speaking of which...what's up with the one you were working on?

Hit a road bump...namely classes. Lol, ya right after that beta test we ran all my classes had projects or exams coming up, so for the last 3 eeks I've been doing that alone and haven't done any work on the map. I get a small breather right now, then back to it next week.
Pheonix

-Dune
Pheonix.tso
Clan Council Member
Clan Council Member

Return to LGL Mappers Forum