More compiling

Forum for the discussion of topics concerning map making. Make your suggestions for features in maps here, or ask questions about the mapping process.

Does Darkand need to quit mapmaking?

Poll ended at Tue Sep 24, 2002 7:34 pm

yes, he sucks and is really annoying me!
No votes
no, Helping him makes me feel supperior.
No votes
Dont think he'll ever come out with a working map.
No votes

Total votes : 0

More compiling

Postby Darkhand » Thu Sep 19, 2002 7:34 pm

When I compile my map it cant find my custom textures or the texture for the fog. Where exactly do I put the textures and in what order.(my other textures i just created duplicates over and over on my system and I don't know which place is the right one) Also when I compile my lights dont show up. I colored the lights red and blue for team sides. Help! Pheonixtso is the best mapper in the world and I'm an idiot :wink: Will that get ya to help me again? :lol:
Darkhand
Tribble
Tribble

Postby Pheonix.tso » Fri Sep 20, 2002 2:12 am

Ok first things first, are you talking about putting together the final pk3 for placing textures, or placing them to appear in gtk (which if they show they should compile if they are on the shaderlist). Then secondly what bsp are you running. Thirdly can I vote on two of those 2 and 3 look good :grin:

Anywho errors are all part of it we have all been there, hell I've been working on mine for oh a year now, and I just finished the main room but can't get the damn thing to compile because of errors.
Pheonix

"Fear is the mind killer. I will face my fears; I will let it pass through me. In the end there will be only me."
-Dune
Pheonix.tso
Clan Council Member
Clan Council Member

Postby Darkhand » Sat Sep 21, 2002 12:18 pm

Well i am goiing for the final draft of the map and I'm doing standard everything for the compile. 1st my colored lights dont show up. 2nd When I compile, using q3build, the textures just dont show up because it couldnt find them. They are two custom textures and the fog texture. And, No pick one :xeno:
Darkhand
Tribble
Tribble

Postby Pheonix.tso » Sat Sep 21, 2002 11:05 pm

Ok for the textures check your shaderlist, then in your baseef folder make a textures folder in which you have a folder with the name of your map on it, then on the shaderlist put that name on it and save it. That will give the compiler the route to your textures off of the shader list. Give me a little while to think on the lights, but I will say this I use q3map not q3build but it should cross over at least some.
Pheonix

"Fear is the mind killer. I will face my fears; I will let it pass through me. In the end there will be only me."
-Dune
Pheonix.tso
Clan Council Member
Clan Council Member

Postby Darkhand » Sun Sep 22, 2002 4:19 pm

More detail for the texture problem: It says "cannot find shader texture for texture/holedeck_training/fog
texture/common/black... ect.
Um for making a texture do you have to make it a certain file name or something? Make it a shader?
Darkhand
Tribble
Tribble

Postby Pheonix.tso » Thu Sep 26, 2002 7:49 am

Sorry its ben a while. Ok for final compile in GTK its bsp -vis-light-extra. As far as the textures goes either you have a bad path somewhere in there check all your file names and the path they follow from baseef, and compare them to where it says such and such not found. If you do not have the textures folder name in the shaderlist then it won't come up in the compile, but it has to be exactly the same name or you will have a bad path.
Pheonix

-Dune
Pheonix.tso
Clan Council Member
Clan Council Member

Postby Darkhand » Sat Sep 28, 2002 6:00 pm

I've check my paths very closely and still cant figure out the problem! :getmad: I guess i'll check them again! :x It's the cows! They are sabbotaging my mpas because of their fanatic ways!:cowboom:
Darkhand
Tribble
Tribble

Return to LGL Mappers Forum