how do i put my own picture on a map

Forum for the discussion of topics concerning map making. Make your suggestions for features in maps here, or ask questions about the mapping process.

how do i put my own picture on a map

Postby Undertaker » Sun Oct 27, 2002 12:55 pm

im trying to put my own picture on my map.i got it to load up in gtk radient but its not the picture.its a little square that says shader not showing .and its blue and black.can anyone help me.
Undertaker
Tribble
Tribble

Postby Pheonix.tso » Sun Oct 27, 2002 3:43 pm

take the picture, if you made a shader for it make sure its in the scripts folder in BaseEF. With the jpg or whatever, make a folder in baseEF called textures, then in that folder make another folder with the name of your map, then put the jpg or tga into that folder. Then go to the scripts folder, look for the txt file named shaderlist, open it and type the name of the new folder in the textures folder in there, and save it. Next time you load GTK it will load the textures in that folder.

However, if the picture is currently a jpg, then make it into a tga, for some reason radient has problems loading jpg's if they aren't in a pk3.
Pheonix

"Fear is the mind killer. I will face my fears; I will let it pass through me. In the end there will be only me."
-Dune
Pheonix.tso
Clan Council Member
Clan Council Member

Postby Undertaker » Sun Oct 27, 2002 4:28 pm

i dont want to make the texture a shader i want to put it as a picture
Undertaker
Tribble
Tribble

Postby Pheonix.tso » Sun Oct 27, 2002 4:47 pm

you don't need to, but radient doesn't just see that folder there and the textures in it, unless 1 you specify to open it, or the easiest method is to put it on the shaderlist and it will look in that folder then.
Pheonix

"Fear is the mind killer. I will face my fears; I will let it pass through me. In the end there will be only me."
-Dune
Pheonix.tso
Clan Council Member
Clan Council Member

Postby Undertaker » Tue Oct 29, 2002 5:11 pm

i keep doing everything u tell me to do .i load up the texture and all i c is a black and red square that says "shader image missing"
Undertaker
Tribble
Tribble

Postby Pheonix.tso » Tue Oct 29, 2002 5:51 pm

Give me the director line that its in, then also give me what you put in the shaderlist.txt
Pheonix

-Dune
Pheonix.tso
Clan Council Member
Clan Council Member

Postby Undertaker » Tue Oct 29, 2002 5:55 pm

its in my baseef,in a texture folder and in another folder named my_maps_textures.in the shaderlist i put my_maps_textures and i saved it
Undertaker
Tribble
Tribble

Postby Pheonix.tso » Tue Oct 29, 2002 5:57 pm

ok what format is the picture in.

Also I would suggest making the folder the name of your map instead of that one.
Pheonix

-Dune
Pheonix.tso
Clan Council Member
Clan Council Member

Postby Undertaker » Tue Oct 29, 2002 6:02 pm

when i made the texture in paint it was in bmp.then i changed it to tga
Undertaker
Tribble
Tribble

Postby Pheonix.tso » Tue Oct 29, 2002 6:04 pm

just by changing the tag or did you save it as tga. E-mail the texture to me and I'll take a look, and see if I can get it to load in my GTK.
Pheonix

-Dune
Pheonix.tso
Clan Council Member
Clan Council Member

Postby Undertaker » Tue Oct 29, 2002 6:11 pm

whats ur email
Undertaker
Tribble
Tribble

Postby Pheonix.tso » Tue Oct 29, 2002 8:57 pm

its at the bottom of the post, were it says e-mail.
Pheonix

-Dune
Pheonix.tso
Clan Council Member
Clan Council Member

Postby Undertaker » Sat Nov 02, 2002 11:20 am

ok i sent u the email
Undertaker
Tribble
Tribble

Postby Pheonix.tso » Sat Nov 02, 2002 11:36 am

lol, hehe, ya I got it, sorry its just been busy lately haven't been able to do anything with it yet.
Pheonix

-Dune
Pheonix.tso
Clan Council Member
Clan Council Member

Postby Pheonix.tso » Tue Nov 12, 2002 8:53 am

hmmm, small problem undertaker, I tried downloading the file and it comes back that it is a invalid format and paint can't read, you sure its not corrupted. Also can you save it as a jpg in paint, if so do that, and then send me the jpg.
Pheonix

-Dune
Pheonix.tso
Clan Council Member
Clan Council Member

Return to LGL Mappers Forum