Haz!!!!!!!

Forum for the discussion of topics concerning map making. Make your suggestions for features in maps here, or ask questions about the mapping process.

Haz!!!!!!!

Postby Undertaker » Mon May 12, 2003 7:27 pm

where do i find the lava textures in gtk radient or ef radient?
Undertaker
Tribble
Tribble

Postby Haz » Mon May 12, 2003 7:31 pm

Holodeck > Training

My computer problems seem to be the result of a loose nut between the keyboard & the chair.
Haz
League Council Member
League Council Member

Postby Undertaker » Mon May 12, 2003 7:39 pm

thx man and also i forgot to tell you this but where can i find the glass.Hey man for some reason my textures folders from h and above arent showing up in ef and gtk radient do you know why?
Undertaker
Tribble
Tribble

Postby Haz » Mon May 12, 2003 8:12 pm

Earlier versions of GTK will cut off the texture list at a certain point.

If you use the latest stable build for EF, it will list all of them.

A "workaround" is you can check off shaderlist only. Only problem is that you won't get all of them listed but it will still give you all the included textures from the game. Handy if you are having trouble finding a texture or shader from the game.

Glass is found in Engineering. There are several different types. The most common one being the first one simply labeled as glass.

My computer problems seem to be the result of a loose nut between the keyboard & the chair.
Haz
League Council Member
League Council Member

Postby Undertaker » Mon May 12, 2003 8:33 pm

If you use the latest stable build for EF, it will list all of them.

ok how do you do this ?
Undertaker
Tribble
Tribble

Postby Haz » Mon May 12, 2003 9:09 pm

Currently....

First download and install GTK v1.2.11 (if you don't already have it or 1.2.12)
http://www.qeradiant.com/index.php?data=files&files_id=51

Second download and install GTK v1.2.13 update
http://www.qeradiant.com/index.php?data=files&files_id=58

Third, in GTK...

...if you want to limit the texture list to just what is included with the game then go to Textures and check off Shaderlist.txt Only. This makes finding game provided textures and shaders much eaiser.

...if you want to see all textures, make sure Shaderlist.txt Only is not checked off. To expand to the next pane, there is an arrow at the bottom of each expanded list until it reaches the end.

...note at the bottom of each expanded pane it is slightly highlighted, that is where you open (don't click, just move the curor over). The way the expandable menus work in GTK takes a little getting used to but once you get the hang of it, it's easy. In the graphic above are all of the textures from all of the PK3 files that are in my BaseEF folder. There could be more or less on yours depending on the number of maps you have in your BaseEF folder and of them, how many have their own textures.

As I stated before. If you are specifically looking for game provided textures and shaders, the most headache free way to do this is by checking off the Shaderlist.txt Only option in the Textures menu. Also, if you restrict yourself to game provided textures/shaders and ones you've made yourself, you don't then have to go track down textures/shaders from other maps to include with your PK3 once you've compiled.

If there isn't a texture provided from the game that I like or doesn't quite look right, I try to make my own.

Haz
League Council Member
League Council Member

Return to LGL Mappers Forum