http://www.activision.com/en_US/news_ar ... 75bf-4d48-
b9cd-a38515320790.html

Activision debuts dynamic lineup at 2003 Electronic Entertainment Expo
http://www.activision.com/en_US/news_ar ... e20e8.html

GameSpy takes you LIVE to E3
http://www.gamespy.com/e32003/feature/other/1001619/
Friday, May 16
11:30 a.m.: Chris Stockman of Ritual Entertainment on Elite Force II

My computer problems seem to be the result of a loose nut between the keyboard & the chair.
Haz
League Council Member
League Council Member

Postby Haz » Tue May 13, 2003 2:51 am

on May 12th, badman from Ritualistic wrote:A day early, the E3 trailer for Star Trek Elite Force II has surfaced on IGN.PC. The streaming trailer comes in two flavors - low res (14MB) and high res (35MB) - and offers about a 1 minute 30 seconds worth of in-game footage. If you'd rather download the thing, there's a QuickTime version available here.

on May 9th, badman from Ritualistic wrote:So I was at Activision for the last two days playing Star Trek Elite Force II. The game is pretty much done except for a small amount of in-game cutscenes and minor bugs. That said, I had a total blast playing the thing, and I think everybody will be surprised by how good this game really is. I also got a chance to play some holomatch, which is at least as fast-paced as the original EF and quite fun.

Anyhow, with E3 being next week, I was able to get a little information out of the guys at Activision regarding what will be shown at the show. Several machines will be running the game and attendees will get to see a broad sampling of the missions and gameplay found in the full version. This is somewhat different from last year's E3 demo, which contained only two environments.

My computer problems seem to be the result of a loose nut between the keyboard & the chair.
Haz
League Council Member
League Council Member

Postby Captain Vladimir » Tue May 13, 2003 6:30 am

Where is E3 held anyway?
Captain Vladimir
The Vladiator
The Vladiator

Postby MegaBitch » Tue May 13, 2003 2:21 pm

E3 is held in Los Angeles and is usually in May. The public cannot attend. I heard about a website, though, that will have streaming video from the show floor... wish I could remember that site now.
MegaBitch
Bounty Hunter of Lame Posts
Bounty Hunter of Lame Posts

Postby Fukeneh » Tue May 13, 2003 3:53 pm

The public can attend... But, it's $150 a ticket.
Fukeneh
LGL Member
LGL Member

Postby Haz » Tue May 13, 2003 4:09 pm

From the E3 website...

E3 is a trade event and is not open to the general public. No one under 18 will be admitted, including infants.

http://www.e3expo.com/registration/pricing.shtml

Haz
League Council Member
League Council Member

Postby Fukeneh » Tue May 13, 2003 4:50 pm

You can get tickets, trust me, i have them. I just can't go. And no i didn't pay for them. there is a small amount alloted for the public, you just have to know how to find them.
Fukeneh
LGL Member
LGL Member

Postby KnightHawk » Tue May 13, 2003 5:47 pm

I could of had tickets too, and could be going tomorrow..... but *sniff* *sniff* fucking job.....

Fuken is right free tickets can be had, and not only some alotted amount of free public tickets. The "key" is media coverage. If you can claim to some degree to be "reporting" on stuff there at E3, for your newspaper, or website..... or something.... you can talk yourself into some tickets. :)

Anyway that's what my buddy did., (not sure of the exact content of the conversation granted). And he scored us a couple tickets... except my sorry ass must work. :(
KnightHawk
LGL Founding Member
LGL Founding Member

Postby Haz » Tue May 13, 2003 6:39 pm

OMG, I didn't even think to work the media angle.

Hell, I probably could have gotten my job to PAY for the trip.

D'oh.

Haz
League Council Member
League Council Member

Postby Haz » Wed May 14, 2003 6:27 am

Ok, apparently cabling isn't part of the booth design. Oh well.

Haz
League Council Member
League Council Member

Postby Haz » Wed May 14, 2003 7:39 pm

Haz
League Council Member
League Council Member

Postby Haz » Fri May 16, 2003 1:32 am

George T. Chronis, E3 Insider wrote:Some folks felt the well-written and fun Star Trek Voyager: Elite Force was better than any episode of the TV series, and Star Trek: Elite Force II (PC) from Ritual should carry on that tradition. Like the movie Star Trek Nemesis, Elite Force II operates in a combined Next Generation universe and sees the Federation become prey to new alien perils.

Haz
League Council Member
League Council Member

Postby Haz » Fri May 16, 2003 6:14 pm

More photos...

The latest in hi-res video graphics...

Obviously overly energetic Activision Reps. demonstrating EF2 to the masses (if you consider one guy "masses")...

Haz
League Council Member
League Council Member

Postby Haz » Sat May 24, 2003 6:53 am

Oops, forgot to add this...

http://www.gamingillustrated.com/videos.php

Apparently, among many many many interviews done at E3, there was a segment involving one of the E3 Babes, of a Trek variety.

Haz
League Council Member
League Council Member

Postby Crazy Diamond » Sat May 24, 2003 8:03 am

Well - the "booth babe" could have been wearing a skimpier outfit ;-) .
Shining On!
Crazy Diamond
Tribble
Tribble

Return to LowGravLeague